Posted on: October 24, 2012 11:12 am
You should compare the 23 year old Cam Newton to how these quarterbacks were doing at 23:
- Eli Manning was 1-6, and had major problems calling a game. He would get to the line with 20 seconds left on the clock, and take 30 seconds to make his adjustments. He simply did not have the mental capacity at 23 to be an NFL quarterback
- Matthew Stafford's second year he could only stay healthy for 3 games. Multiple multiple arm injuries put a major cloud over his future
- Ron Mexico at 23 played 4 games, got his coach fired, and wasn't allowed to throw the ball
- Carson Palmer didn't start an NFL game until he was 25
- Drew Bledsoe at 23: 13 TDs, 16 ints, 11 fumbles
- Troy Aikman at 23 was 0-11
- John Elway completed 47% of his passes on a losing team
- Terry Bradshaw's numbers make Ryan Leaf look competent
- Drew Brees looked so good the Chargers drafted Rivers
- Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers weren't even playing
- Kurt Warner was an Iowa Barnstormer
- Tom Brady was 3rd string
- Tony Romo was 4th string
- Brent Farve was a fat drunk lazy alcoholic who had just been traded
- Johnny Unitas, arguably the greatest quarterback player to ever play the game - had just been cut, and was backing up George Shaw (who?)
Compared to some of the greatest quarterbacks today and in history, Cam Newton's 23 year old second season compares VERY well
Posted on: October 18, 2012 10:06 am
Remember dummies, your not just voting for the President. There are 26 other elected officials (at least for me, your results may vary) - plus referendums
Posted on: January 4, 2012 3:27 pm
Edited on: January 4, 2012 3:31 pm
The Complete Military History of France
- Gallic Wars
- Hundred Years War
- Italian Wars
- Wars of Religion
- Thirty Years War
- War of Revolution
- The Dutch War
- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War
- War of the Spanish Succession
- American Revolution
- French Revolution
- The Napoleonic Wars
- The Franco-Prussian War
- World War I
- World War II
- War in Indochina
- Algerian Rebellion
- War on Terrorism
- Norse invasions, 841-911.
- Mexico, 1863-1864.
- Panama jungles 1881-1890.
- Napoleonic Wars.
- Haiti, 1791-1804.
- India, 1673-1813.
- Barbary Wars, middle ages-1830.
- 1798-1801, Quasi-War with U.S.
- Moors in Spain, late 700s-early 800s.
- 1208: Albigenses Crusade, French massacared by French.
- St. Bartholomew Day Massacre, August 24, 1572.
- Seventh Crusade.
- [Eighth] Crusade.
- Seven year War 1756-1763
Posted on: October 4, 2011 9:59 am
Edited on: January 30, 2012 11:14 am
This will be a running tally of stupid shit broadcasters say
Posted on: September 29, 2011 3:52 pm
QB – Chad Pennington
Posted on: August 10, 2011 10:06 am
It is said that Mike Shanahan couldn't win without John Elway. People who say that are idiots.
Posted on: August 2, 2011 10:22 am
In 1973, the Steelers starting defensive tackle went on a shooting rampage, shooting at random passing trucks on the Ohio Turnpike. When the police arrived, he began shooting at them as well, leading them on a high speed chase. One police officer was wounded by his gunfire.
Upon his arrest, Saint Rooney paid his bail, paid for his lawyer, and started him week one the following season.
THAT is the Steeler way
Posted on: August 2, 2011 10:18 am
- raped an ugly woman in Reno
- raped a woman in Las Vegas
- raped a fat girl in Milledgeville
- sexually assaulted a woman at his Georgia house
- buys underage girls alcohol
- "All my bitches, take some shots!"
- driving a motorcycle without a motorcycle license
- driving a motorcycle without a helmet
- bashing his face off a Chrysler
- continuing to ride a motorcycle without a helmet after faceplanting off a Chrysler
- improper use of police officers
- improper use of the "Don't you know who I am?" line
- the mullet mohawk
- somehow got himself banned from a Steelers bar
- terrible tipper
- terrible teammate
- terrible person